Saturday 28 October 2017

Shampoo review: Wella Elements Renewing

After years of using and loving Aveda Smooth Infusion shampoo, it didn't seem quite as incredible as it always had been. It still smelt divine, and I always, always had people deeply inhaling my hair and marvelling at the heavenly scent. But it didn't keep my hair clean for as long. And besides, I was beginning to resent paying hundreds of pounds a year for shampoo. I decided, perhaps I'll take this opportunity to step away from sulphates and parabens. Now, I have no idea what these are, as I'm not a chemist and science can only bamboozle me, but they sound bad... and if I was going to make a dramatic switch then I might as well change the entire approach.

I researched online and found glowing reviews for the Wella Elements Renewing shampoo. This is officially described as: "Sulfate free shampoo that renews the moisture of the hair, preserving and nourishing it from root to tip. Exists in 250 ml and 1000 ml." Naturally, being a greedy sort, I went for the 1000ml. I didn't realise, but for some reason, the bottle has a huge gaping neck, so I had to then buy a separate pump. Anyway, my review will not be a good one...




This, to me, smells like apple juice concentrate from a carton. Not bad per se, but not good. Perhaps my hair needs sulphates, because this literally doesn't clean my hair! I have never had this before. I have to wash my hair three times with this, as it doesn't lather well. And then, every time I've used it, my hair looks lank and greasy - right away! So disgusting. Perhaps if you have frizzy or curly hair, the way this makes the hair 'piecey' and stick together might be a benefit. But to me, this is utterly dreadful. 

Does anyone have any shampoo recs that won't break the bank? (Or do I need to shuffle back to Aveda?) Please let me know below!

& If anyone wants this please DM me using my contact details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels